This strawberry milkshake is thick, creamy, and everything that you would hope a milkshake would be! Made with delicious strawberries, this classic dessert is sure to be loved by all!
Homemade Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
Strawberry milkshakes are a hit at our house! This classic dessert reminds me of summer nights, and we whip these up as often as possible to eat outside while enjoying amazing summer nights. Plus, not only is this strawberry milkshake recipe so delicious, but it’s easy! And who doesn’t like a recipe that their kids can whip up themselves (and make an extra one for you!)
All you need is four ingredients to make this strawberry milkshake the very best. Now, in no way is this a healthy milkshake (is there such a thing?), but sometimes, you just need to indulge in something just because it’s so delicious. And at least it has some fruit in it! This shake is the perfect drink for any occasion, and your family will go crazy over it.
Ingredients in a Strawberry Milkshake
The best part about making this thick milkshake at home is knowing exactly what ingredients are in it and how much. It’s all fresh from your kitchen! No more guessing what all the additives or flavorings are. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: I like to let this soften up for a few minutes before blending it. It’s easier to scoop out! If you want more strawberry flavoring then you can use strawberry ice cream but I prefer vanilla.
- Frozen Sliced Strawberries: I like to get sweetened strawberries. Make sure that they are mostly thawed before you begin making your shake. You can also use fresh strawberries if that’s what you have on hand.
- Milk: The milk acts as a base for the milkshake. I used regular 1 percent milk but you could use something like coconut milk if you wanted to instead.
- Whipped Topping: The whipped cream topping is is perfect addition on top!
How to Make a Strawberry Milkshake
This is easy as 1, 2, 3! You are only a few steps away from creating what will soon be your favorite dessert! It’s definitely a go-to recipe, especially during the summer months.
- Combine: Place the scoops of vanilla ice cream in a blender. Pour in the milk and sweetened strawberries.
- Blend: Blend on high until the ingredients are smooth and incorporated.
- Serve: Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
Once you learn how to make the perfect strawberry milkshake at home, you’ll always want to have the ingredients on hand to make them! Follow my tips for making this delicious strawberry shake.
- Thick or Thin: Always start with less milk than you think. This way you can control the thickness of your shake. You can always add more liquid if you like a thinner milkshake. If you add too much liquid, just add more ice cream or ice to help thicken it to get that creamy texture.
- Sweetened Frozen Strawberries: Find these in the freezer section in a small plastic tub. The sweetness in these strawberries are the secret weapon to this shake and help make it extra sweet. The added sugar to sweeten the strawberries really add to the flavor. Avoid unsweeteend frozen strawberries because they can sometimes taste tart.
- Good Quality Ice Cream: Good quality ice cream made with quality ingredients ensures a creamy homestyle flavor!
- Variations: Feel free to experiment with adding other flavors. You can add bananas, fresh berries like raspberries or blueberries, chocolate chips, other cream cheese, peanut butter… the possibilites are endless!
- 3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sliced Strawberries, sweetened (mostly thawed)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Whipped Topping
Place the ice cream in a blender. Pour in the milk and sweetened strawberries.
Blend on high until the ingredients are smooth and incorporated.
Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
Serving1cupCalories479kcal (24%)Carbohydrates55g (18%)Protein9g (18%)Fat25g (38%)Saturated Fat16g (80%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat6gCholesterol95mg (32%)Sodium189mg (8%)Potassium550mg (16%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar49g (54%)Vitamin A944IU (19%)Vitamin C22mg (27%)Calcium341mg (34%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.