The famous In-N-Out spread is the best part of the burgers and fries at the popular California-born restaurant. Now you can enjoy this sweet and tangy condiment at home with this copycat recipe for In-N-Out spread.
Burger joints are known for their own secret sauces. Every restaurant tries to have a signature sauce that keeps the customers coming back. It’s fun to make your own sauces at home to elevate your burgers and fries. Try my popular fry sauce, this sauce if you’re wanting sweet and tangy, or yum yum sauce if you’re looking for unique Asian flavors.
In-N-Out Spread Recipe
In my opinion, In-N-Out has it down! They’re fast, consistent, friendly on the budget, and delicious. The soft toasted bun, fresh tomatoes and lettuce, American cheese, the juicy beef patty….and THE SPREAD! If you have ever wondered what condiments are in this special burger sauce recipe then keep reading. Mayonnaise, ketchup, and sweet pickle relish create this secret spread. The combination of sweet and tangy is out of this world. It’s similar to Thousand Island dressing but SO MUCH BETTER.
This sauce is used on so many things like burgers, fries and pickles. In fact, when you go to In-N-Out, order the animal-style french fries from their secret menu. Instead of just salt, they smother the fries with this sauce.They are so delicous and once you have them then you will want make them at home all the time! That’s why I love copycat recipes because they taste just like the real deal!
Ingredients in In-N-Out Spread
Most likely you have all the ingredients you need to make In-N-Out sauce right in your refrigerator. It comes together so fast, and I love that you can store it in the fridge for another day. Once you make this spread at home, you’ll want to have it all the time!
- Mayonnaise: This is the base of the spread recipe.
- Ketchup: A couple tablespoons ketchup adds in the sweetness of this spread.
- Sweet Pickle Relish: Sweet relish is the secret to this spread. The sweet pickles take the spread to a whole new level.
- White Vinegar: Vinegar gives the spread the tang to balance out the sweet.
- Sugar: Sugar rounds out all the flavors in this spread. Feel free to adjust the sugar if you want it sweeter, or use less if you prefer.
How to Make In-N-Out Spread?
I can’t stress how easy this spread is to make! It’s so easy that even my kids will make it when they want dipping sauce for their McDonald’s French fries. Once you use it on your burgers and serve it with fries, you’ll want to make it over and over again!
- Mix All The Ingredients: Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, white vinegar, and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Chill/Serve: Serve right away, or cover and chill for at least 30 minutes for the best flavor.
- Store: Store in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- How to Serve: Enjoy with fries or spread on hamburgers!
Tips and Ideas
You have to make this In-N-Out spread at home. Whenever someone tries an In-N-Out burger for the first time, the flavor blows them away. It really is a simple burger, not much to it, but it’s the SPREAD that elevates the burger. Here are some ideas that will make this turn out just like the restauraunts!
- Variations: You can make your spread to your liking just by tweaking it a bit. Add more sugar if you want it sweeter, or use more vinegar if you like the tangy flavor.
- A Bit Healthier: Replace the full-fat mayo with reduced fat to cut the calories in half. You can also use low-sugar ketchup to help lower calories.
- Let it sit: Refrigerate the spread for at least an hour before using. If you can make it the day before and let the flavors really meld together and the sauce will thicken a bit too.
- Serve: This sweet and tangy spread can go with so many things. Hamburgers, french fries, tater tots, onion rings, or on top of homemade animal-style fries. If you know you know!
How to Store Leftover Spread
The best part about this spread is that it keeps well in the fridge. Make it ahead of time and have it ready to use whenever you want. You just never know when you’re going to want to dip something!
In the Refrigerator: Store leftover In-N-Out spread in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks! This sauce is best served cold.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, white vinegar, and granulated sugar together in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Serve right away, or cover and chill for at least 30 minutes for the best flavor.
Store in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy with fries or spread on hamburgers!
Serving2tbspCalories146kcal (7%)Carbohydrates5g (2%)Protein1g (2%)Fat14g (22%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat8gMonounsaturated Fat3gTrans Fat1gCholesterol8mg (3%)Sodium227mg (9%)Potassium26mg (1%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A112IU (2%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium3mgIron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Keyword dairy free, easy, gluten free