A total win for pizza night, this chicken alfredo pizza will be the best that you make. The homemade alfredo sauce is out of this world and the dough is quick and easy with only 20 minutes of rest time!
As convenient as it is to get takeout, making pizza at home tastes so much better and you get to customize it however you like! A few of my favorite pizza recipes to try are this Hawaiian pizza, taco pizza, and BBQ pizza. You’ll love them all!
The Best Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizza
We love having pizza night at our house. But instead of taking the easy route and ordering delivery, my kids beg me to make homemade pizza. With this simple homemade pizza dough, it’s so easy! I can usually have it in and out of the oven before a delivery guy would arrive! And I do agree with my kids- it tastes SO much better.
As quick and easy as this recipe is, a homemade pizza is only as good as its toppings! Chicken alfredo is one of my absolute favorites. It’s a classic for good reason, so savory and creamy! The key to the best flavor is to use homemade alfredo sauce. From there, you just layer on juicy chicken breast, red onion for some crunch, shredded mozzarella, and all the bacon! (Find more topping ideas below!) This simple but delicious chicken alfredo pizza is going to win the hearts of everyone in your family. It’s just too good to resist.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This is everything you’ll need for toppings as well as your homemade dough and sauce! This homemade chicken alfredo pizza uses a lot of pantry staples which makes this recipe an even better choice for dinner! It’s so quick and easy and you can customize your pizza based on what you have on hand! Note: all measurements can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Warm Water: Helps the dough become malleable and activates the yeast.
- Sugar: Both sugar and salt keep your pizza crust from tasting bland.
- Yeast: I used instant dry yeast for the dough!
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great here. Whole wheat is great too! You can find my full recipe for whole wheat pizza dough here.
- Salt: Enhances the overall flavor of the crust.
- Cornmeal: Used for dusting so the dough doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Olive Oil: This is for brushing on the crust. It adds a little extra moisture and gives it the perfect sheen!
- Butter: Adds a delicious creaminess and rich flavor to the alfredo sauce!
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This is what makes the sauce so thick and indulgent. You can also use half and half or whole milk as a substitute.
- Garlic: Minced garlic will give your sauce the best savory flavor, but garlic powder works great too!
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add both for a boost of flavor!
- Italian Seasoning: I put Italian seasoning in everything, it’s just so good! You can use premade seasoning or make your own batch using my tried and true recipe here. Making your own seasoning blends is the best because you can adjust the flavor to your liking!
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: This is the key to creamy, cheesy sauce with the best flavor!
- Flour: Adjusts the consistency of the alfredo sauce.
- Chicken: You’ll want this to be cooked and shredded so you can add it evenly on top of your chicken alfredo pizza. Shredding rotisserie chicken is an easy way to have this on hand, ready to go!
- Bacon: I like using precooked bacon for easy prep!
- Sliced Red Onion: Adds the best crunch and pop of sharp, savory flavor!
- Mozzarella Cheese: No pizza is complete without some melty mozzarella! Use freshly-grated mozzarella if possible. It has much better flavor and melts more easily than what’s available prepackaged at the store.
How to Make Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizza
It’s super easy and you’ll have your guests impressed by that tasty homemade crust! You’ll have a hot and tasty chicken alfredo pizza ready to go in 30 minutes- just about the same time as making a frozen pizza or ordering delivery! (Homemade pizza just tastes much, much better.)
- Preheat Oven, Prep Pan: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray or dust with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce: To make the alfredo sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Whisk in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Allow to simmer while making the dough. If you would like a thicker consistency, add one tablespoon of flour.
- Proof Dough: In a stand mixer using the dough hook, add warm water, yeast, and sugar. Allow the yeast to proof for 5 minutes.
- Shape and Rest: Add the flour and salt and mix until the dough forms into a ball and is smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll Dough: Roll the dough out into a large circle about 10-12 inches depending on how thick you want your pizza. (For a thinner crust, divide the dough in half and make two pizzas.) Press the dough from the center out to the edges making the crust thicker. Transfer to your pizza pan.
- Add Sauce and Toppings: Spread the alfredo sauce on top of the crust. Top with about half of the cheese and sprinkle on desired toppings. Top with the rest of the cheese. Brush the outer edges of the crust lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake and Enjoy: Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Whether you want to make your pizza keto-friendly or add some additional toppings, I’ve got you covered!
- Swap Crust: To make your chicken alfredo pizza low-carb, try swapping the regular crust for this keto crust or zucchini crust!
- More Toppings: A few more delicious toppings to try are spinach, chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, and mushrooms.
- More Sauces: For a chicken bacon ranch style pizza, try adding a drizzle of ranch dressing on top of your cooked pizza for a pop of extra flavor!
- Add Spice: If you’re looking to add some heat, try sprinkling your chicken alfredo pizza with red pepper flakes!
How Long Does Chicken Alfredo Pizza Last?
Don’t let leftovers of your tasty homemade pizza go to waste! They’re great for storing and make a quick and tasty lunch!
- In the Refrigerator: You can either wrap your entire pizza or individual slices in plastic wrap. Leftovers can also be stored in an airtight container. Your chicken alfredo pizza will stay good for 2-3 days.
- To Reheat: Pop a slice of pizza in the microwave for 30-second intervals or reheat your entire pizza in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- cornmeal for dusting
- olive oil for brushing on the crust
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour if needed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Half of a red onion sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray or dust with cornmeal. Set aside.
To make the Alfredo Sauce:
To make the alfredo sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Whisk in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and parmesan. Allow to simmer while making the dough. If you would like a thicker consistency add 1 T flour.
To make the dough:
In a stand mixer using the dough hook, add warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow the yeast to proof for 5 minutes.
Add the flour and salt and mix until the dough forms into a ball and is smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Roll the dough out into a large circle about 10-12 inches depending how thick you want your pizza. (For a thinner crust, divide the dough in half and make two pizzas.) Press the dough from the center out to the edges making the crust thicker. Transfer to your pizza pan.
Spread the alfredo sauce on top of the crust. Top with about half of the cheese and sprinkle on desired toppings. Top with the rest of the cheese. Brush the outer edges of the crust lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Calories556kcal (28%)Carbohydrates49g (16%)Protein19g (38%)Fat31g (48%)Saturated Fat17g (85%)Cholesterol99mg (33%)Sodium781mg (33%)Potassium169mg (5%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A872IU (17%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium243mg (24%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Dinner, Main Course
Cuisine Italian American
Keyword chicken alfredo pizza, pizza, pizza recipe