Everyone loves an easy dessert dip and this cannoli dip tops the list.
A delicious blend of cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and chocolate chips make the perfect dippable dessert that tastes just like a cannoli!
A Delicious Dessert Dip
Cannoli are a Sicilian dessert consisting of a crispy pastry filled with a flavored ricotta cheese filling.
- Quick and Easy: This dip is a sweet treat that’s fast to prepare.
- Simple Ingredients: With just a few minutes of prep and a handful of ingredients, you’ll be making this on repeat.
- Customizable: Change it up with different additions like crushed pistachios, lemon zest, or extracts. Serve with different dippers every time.
Ingredients for Cannoli Dip
- Cream Cheese – Use a block of full fat cream cheese or, if you have it, try mascarpone cheese.
- Ricotta Cheese – Ricotta cheese is used in cannoli filling and adds flavor to this dip too. Be sure to drain it well or the dip will be runny.
- Flavor – Vanilla extract is the traditional choice, but try almond extract or amaretto flavoring, orange zest, finely diced strawberries, lemon zest, or coconut!
- Chocolate Chips – Mini chocolate chips are always welcome in traditional cannolis, and this dip is no different! Don’t forget to sprinkle some on top for a pretty garnish!
How to Make Cannoli Dip
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and ricotta.
- Last, stir in the mini chocolate chips (if desired) and chill the dip for an hour.
- Serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Dippers for Cannoli Dip
It’s easy to think of a million things to try! Pizzelle cookies or mini cannoli shells are favorites.
- Strawberries or apple slices
- Pizzelles, broken-up waffle cones or sugar cones
- Graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, or biscotti
- All time fave…Bellino Mini Cannoli Shells
Storing Creamy Cannoli Dip
This cannoli dip recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What’s your favorite dipper for Cannoli Dip? Leave us a comment below!
5 from 8 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
Cannoli dip is a blend of cream cheese, ricotta, and chocolate chips with classic flavors of Italian cannoli in a dippable form.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Chill Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Author Holly Nilsson
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips divided
- waffle cones or graham crackers for serving
Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth and add the ricotta cheese. Let drain for about 10 minutes or gently press with a spoon to remove excess liquid.
Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and whip with a hand mixer until fluffy.
Mix in the drained ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and chill for 30 minutes. Top with remaining chocolate chips to serve.
Serve with waffle cone pieces, graham crackers, or fruit.
Store cannoli dip in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutritional information does not include dippers.
Calories: 325 | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Course Dessert, Dip
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
About the author
Holly is a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie. Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook!
See more posts by Holly
Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.